Westmoreland County Housing Authority is accepting applications for Public Housing Manager for its housing development in New Kensington.
Applicants must possess knowledge of the following:
- Manage and operate housing community/communities as assigned, according to policies and regulations set forth by HUD and the Housing Authority.
- Accept telephone inquiries regarding housing and residents therein.
- Complete and process applications.
- Prepare and maintain all records and resident accounts for admission, termination, and transfers according to the rules and regulations established by HUD and the Housing Authority.
- Collect rents, security deposits, and other monies.
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits.
- Balance cash drawer daily.
- Maintain petty cash receipts.
- Follow the collection policy as set forth on delinquent accounts.
- Schedule and conduct annual re-certifications and interims by preparing notices, verifying household composition, income, assets, medical expenses.
- Calculate rent changes on reported information.
- Balance and submit monthly all resident information per computer input. E.g. Rent collections, adjustments, charges, terminations, and transfers.
- Instruct residents on care of units; enforce all policies and lease regulations; investigate and remedy resident complaints and lease violations and execute evictions when necessary.
- Coordinate resident work orders with maintenance personnel and monitor job progress.
- Aide in conducting systematic inspections of units/grounds.
- Maintain office supplies and record usage to assist in perpetual inventory.
- Conduct resident meetings with management and maintenance personnel and submit monthly reports.
- Participate with resident organizations and advise residents of methods and principles of social and re- creational needs.
- Direct residents to social service agencies for counseling in dealing with social and community concerns.
- Collaborate with local government representatives and local law enforcement agencies for improvements within the community.
- Supervise daily use of community facilities and spaces.
- Attend meetings as required and accept additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Asset Management Director.
The position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, mail resume to Westmoreland County Housing Authority, Attn: Linda Metz, 167 South Greengate Road, Greensburg, PA 15601 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westmoreland County Housing Authority is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.