EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – McKEESPORT HOUSING AUTHORITY
MCKEESPORT CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY
Section 8 Coordinator
POSTING DATE: July 25, 2022 CLOSING DATE: August 25, 2022
THE PROVISIONS OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
DO NOT APPLY IN THE FILLING OF THIS POSITION
VACANCY: Job Title: Section 8 Coordinator
Annual Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Location: McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Type Employment: Full-Time, Regular Complement
Work Hours: 8:30AM – 4:30PM
DUTIES: See Position Description Below
Applicants must meet one (or more) of the following methods(s) to be considered for this vacancy:
• Contracted Employee
• Civil Service List
• Promotion Without Examination
• Voluntary Demotion
1. Meet the minimum experience and training required for the job: three (3) years of experience in supervising or performing tasks associated with the management of multi-family residential subsidized or affordable housing communities, property owned, or programs administered by a public housing authority or comparable (low-income) property management agency; or one (1) year as an Assistant Property Manager or Assistant Section 8 Coordinator; or two (2) years as a Management Aide.
2. Be a resident of Pennsylvania.
3. To be considered for promotion without examination, applicants must have or have had regular civil service status in one of the next lower classifications, as follows: Assistant Property Manager, Assistant Section 8 Coordinator, Management Aide.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION WITHOUT EXAMINATION:
1. Meritorious Service will be defined as: (a) the absence of any discipline above the level of a written reprimand during the 12 months preceding the closing date of the posting, and (b) the last due overall regular or probationary performance evaluation was higher than “unsatisfactory” or “fails to meet standards”.
2. Seniority will be defined as a minimum of one year in the next lower class by the closing date of the posting.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail a resume to: McKeesport Housing Authority
Attn: Steve Bucklew
To obtain additional information, call (412) 673-3604
Section 8 Coordinator Job Description
The Section 8 Coordinator is responsible for administering the Housing Choice Voucher, Mod Rehab SRO, and other Section 8 related programs in accordance with the regulations established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The specific administration duties include:
• Supervise the staff of the Section 8 Department.
• Ensure qualified applicants for housing assistance meet the income and other program guidelines.
• Review all ‘Requests for Tenancy Approval’ for accuracy and negotiate contract rents with landlords if necessary.
• Determine and document Rent Reasonableness of Housing Assistance Payments.
• Comply with HUD PIC and EIV systems
• Supervise Housing Quality Standards inspections.
• Administer annual tenant re-examinations to insure assisted tenants continue to qualify under HUD guidelines.
• File the annual SEMAP certification in the HUD REAC system.
• Perform quality control inspections and file review in accordance with SEMAP.
• Update the Utility Allowance schedule annually.
• Verify real estate taxes and municipal fees are paid by landlords annually.
• Review and administer vouchers porting in or out of the PHA’s jurisdiction.
• Review rent calculations for accuracy on vouchers being billed to the PHA.
• Resolve any issues/disputes between landlords and tenants.
• Perform month end processing for HAP and UAP payment disbursements.
• Perform briefings and issuance of new vouchers.
• Review and process all new leases and HAP contracts.
• Comprehend all HUD forms and regulations related to the Section 8 Program.
• Administer annual 1099 MISC filing for landlord payments.
Any other administrative duties assigned by the Executive or Deputy Executive Director