The Westmoreland County Housing Authority has an opportunity to join the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program as Department Director. The successful applicant will manage the HCV Program, which is responsible for administering a wide variety of special housing vouchers (e.g. low-income families, veterans (VASH), persons with disabilities, Family Unification (FUP), Project Based Vouchers (PBV)), and seven staff in compliance with Federal and local regulations; proactively facilitate high quality, timely and accurate customer service; develop and implement well-coordinated, effective HCV work plans; accurately apply Federal policies; provide case management supervision and direction; manage the program’s marketing and build community relationships; and manage the program budget to achieve the goal of housing as many households as possible within Federal funding limits. The candidate must be able to competently use Horizon or WCHA’s software to develop program reports and monitor program activity.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages all components of the federally funded Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program to include Mainstream, VASH, PBV and FUP vouchers and other voucher programs
- Administers all internal audit processes required by HUD to include SEMAP
- Administers the waitlist
- Manages accurate and timely program compliance with all HUD regulations
- Develops and implements the Administrative, Annual and 5-Year PHA plans in coordination with unit staff related to the HCV program
- Administers, reviews, drafts new policy when appropriate and timely written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to provide clear, consistent guidance for the program’s operations
- Evaluates program quarterly and provides comprehensive, well-reasoned quick facts and performance measures on program performance
- Recommends and implements HCV program improvements based on best practices to improve the efficiency, accuracy and to enhance WCHA’s program
- Develops complete, well-researched, written policy interpretations for program staff to provide consistency in program implementation
- Accurately identifies and anticipates issues affecting the program such as sequestration and/or changes in County or Federal mandates, codes, and resources
- Evaluates programs’ effectiveness by identifying and recording accurate, consistent, and instructive data about program operations (to include information about clients, rental market conditions, landlords, etc.) and recommends
- Drafts reports.
- Manages program marketing to landlords and tenants
- Builds great community relationships
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of technology in order to produce HCV programmatic reports; have proven experience with HCV programs and processes (including waitlist management, intake appointments, voucher management, reporting, audits, and determining eligibility) and HUD requirements related to the program; have a strong managerial background; demonstrated strong organization, problem-solving and communication skills; and the ability to work independently interpreting and implementing HUD regulations. Certification as a Housing Choice Voucher Program Specialist, Certified Voucher Specialist, or similar a plus.
WCHA Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in housing, public administration, planning, human services, or a related field and four years related experience. Experience in the implementation of Federal Housing programs preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check. A Valid automobile driver’s license and driving record check required.
Resumes can be mailed to Westmoreland County Housing Authority, Attn: Linda Metz, 167 South Greengate Road, Greensburg, PA 15601; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.