Congratulations are in order for the following PAHRA member agencies whose programs and projects earned them regional recognition through the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials (MARC NAHRO).
All eight of these excellent projects or programs have advanced to competition at the national level, culminating in recognition as NAHRO 2019 Agency Awards of Merit recipients at the NAHRO Summer Conference held in Boston.
- Allegheny County Housing Authority – Dorchester Apartments
- Allegheny County Housing Authority – “STORIES ALIVE!”
- Allegheny County Housing Authority – Children Learning Digital Coding
- Housing Authority of the City of Erie – Future Stars Youth Theatre Program
- Fayette County Housing Authority – White Swan Apartments
- Philadelphia Housing Authority – Norris Apartments Phase II
- Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh – Project-Based Voucher / Gap Financing
- Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh – ABK Early Learning & Development Center
The NAHRO Agency Awards consists of a two-tiered system comprised of Awards of Merit and Awards of Excellence. The first tier Awards of Merit are submitted to NAHRO and sent to Regional Juries for review. The Regional Juries then send their nominations to NAHRO for second tier Awards of Excellence. These entries are reviewed by National Juries, who may select up to 24 Awards of Excellence each year.
PAHRA wishes all the best to the Awards of Merit honorees for further advancement in the national competition. Kudos for your innovative efforts in providing stellar services that enrich resident lives; revitalize communities; improve operations; and create affordable housing opportunities.